Lesson 1: Jesus - Yes! Christianity - No! | Answers
CHRIST DIED, ROSE AGAIN AND ASCENDED TO THE RIGHT HAND OF GOD SO HE COULD SHARE HIS NEW LIFE AND POWER WITH US.
"If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory" Col. 3:1-4.
"But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint" Isa. 40:31
You have been given "exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature..." 2 Peter 1:4.
- However, most Christians come ___SHORT___ of this heavenly life.
- "While religion is highly ___POPULAR___ in America, it is to a large extent ___SUPERFICIAL___." (Gallup Poll)
- Ethics among Christians are ___ABOUT___ the ___SAME___ as in the unbelieving world.
- Only about ___10___ percent of the population have "transforming faith."
- Still there is hope. Many people hunger for ___PRAYER___ that changes their lives. They ask:
- Is prayer bringing me ___CLOSER___ to God?
- Do I consistently try to ___KNOW___ God personally?
- Are my prayers helping me build a more ___LOVING___ relationship with others?
- Meeting with God in prayer need not be ___COMPLICATED___. God is not far off and He wants to ___LEAD___ and ____EMPOWER____ us.