Introduction: Course Overview for Instructors
- Something's wrong with American Christianity
- Religion is popular, but superficial
- We need prayer that changes lives
- True prayer opens doors to our deepest needs
- Why Christ seeks permission to come in
- Christ wants to be completely at home
- Claim the presence of Christ
- Trust Him to take charge
- Be willing for Him to change you/bring you into harmony
- Why we need to seek Christ's presence
- Paul's prayer for Christ's presence & work
- How Christ came to Alliance, Nebraska
- How Christ took charge of a divided church
- Why it is vital for Christ to take charge
- We must be alert to His "silence"
- Why we need to become "Repenters"
- Repentance in the church in Acts
- We need days of prayer
- The original harmony of God and man
- Harmony destroyed by Adam's fall
- Harmony/Integrity restored through prayer
- The Church...a form of Godliness...
- Claiming life-changing power!
- Exercising power/authority through prayer
- Moral chaos reigns in the Christian world
- How the church loses its moral authority
- When Christ leaves and no one notices...
- God is seeking ones to worship Him only
- God's three exclusive claims on your life!
- Love, trust, serve God with all your heart
- Praise/Thanksgiving "reverse" trials
- Thanksgiving—it's submission with joy!
- The Goal of the Bible: Enthronement
- The Life of your Prayer Meeting
- Warming up in small groups
- Your heart-cry...Paul's battle-cry
A Special Note to the Instructor: It is your preparation before the class, before the Lord that will really determine the success of this course! We are, of course, ready to help you in any way that we can—just give us a call. But let the following verse be your guide as you prepare to teach this so very vital subject to your people; make it a matter of earnest prayer:
And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as unto the Lord and not unto men; knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ."